Tuesday 11 December 2007

I went out!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen! I left the house yesterday! It was so exciting!! I went to the shops. With Laura!

Also... I had a bath! I had a horrible day on Sunday, I was really depressed and fed up and I convinced myself that the only thing that would make me feel better would be having a bath. I was sure I could get in and out without too much trouble but my mum and dad were sceptacle and so I didn't. Which made me really cross and angry, which made my day even worse.
So yesterday when they were all out at work I ran the bath and had a go. I put a bin liner on my leg, taped it up (a bit too tight I think) and then got in the bath. I sat on the edge with my bad leg on the floor, then turned a little bit, put my bad leg up on the toilet, then turned a bit more, put my leg on the side of the bath put my good leg in the water and lowered myself in with my hands and good leg. And I just kept my leg out of the water. And to get out again I let most of the water out, stood up using my arms and good leg to help me, and got out the same way I got in really, just balanced myself with my hands while I carefully got my bad leg out then swung round and stood up. So yes! Easy peasy! I think I might try a shower today.

What else...?
Oh, got my outpatients appointment, not having my stitches out until 20th December... just seems such a long way away! And I have my physio appointment before that, I wonder how much physio I can do while I still have stitches... I read another blog about someone who burst their stitches doing physio exercises! Ewwwwww! If that happens to me I'll be so upset! Especially since I'm going out the same night for a Christmas Party!

No comments: