Saturday 29 December 2007

Bored. I am bored.

Its nearly been a month now which means I can come of my crutches soon. Yipee! I have a physio session on Monday so I will see what dear old (young) Owen says. He told me to do my exercises every hour but that is really hard. I have to straighten my leg and hold for 10 seconds then bend it and hold for ten seconds 3 times. He also wanted me to lift my leg from a seated position on a chair but that is not closed chain and the consultant told me to only do closed chain exercises. Closed chain is when your foot is touching the floor... I think. Actually I'm just gonna google it.....

Oh... I love Wikipedia

So yes... closed chain is when the foot is fixed and cannot move.

At the moment I am still supposed to be partial weight bearing with 2 cructhes but in the house I tend to use one crutch just because it is so fiddly to use 2 and it is easier to carry stuff around if I only use one crutch. Sometimes I don't use any crutches, if I'm in my room just moving from the door to the window or whatever. I know that my consultant said not to but I have read American blogs where people are off crutches in a few days so I don't think I'm doing any harm really.

That is all really.
I am bored.

2 comments:

Bharat said...

hello .lulu.

quite a good thing you've got going here, stumbled upon it quite by accident.

is this blog only for the purposes of your recovery or do we actually get to know you?

anyway, i guess i'll read the rest of your entries to make sense of this... hope you get well soon... and check my blog out..

.lulu. said...

hmmmm, I guess it is mainly for my recovery... my Facebook is for knowing about me!!!
Plus, right now my life is my recovery!!