Monday 31 December 2007

=\

Hydrotherapy :o(
In an NHS pool.
In a swimming costume.
Oh Lord.
I won't enjoy this much.

So my appointment with Owen was this morning at 10.30 so I got a call at 8 saying he wasn't in could I come in at 9 (!) or 9.30. I chose the second option (ha!) and went in to see Georgie instead. Georgie is the one physio who I always see at the physio gym but have never spoken to. She had a look at my flexion and extention. Last time Owen and I had decided that I had full extention but in retrospect I don't think I did. Georgie kind of pressed on my quad quite hard which helped me to get more extention. Then we did flexion which is a bit more difficult. She was pushing my leg up quite hard. But it was ok and she said my flexion is at about 95 degrees at the moment.

Oh yeah... when I was straightening she wanted me to straighten my other leg and obviously noticed the hyperextention. Then she started feeling my kneecap in the bag leg and then in the good leg. In my good leg you can literally grab hold of the patella and move it, in the bad leg she was unable to move it at all! She did a bit of work on getting it to move around. I bet my leg is even more swollen tomorrow. Great. Once my knee gets a swelling it doesn't let it go. Tubigrips here I come...

So yes, then while I was doing my bending she went to get the hydrotherapy form. :o(
I really really really don't want to do hydro. :o(
Party because I don't really know what to expect. Partly because I see the type of people who go to Northwick Park and I'm not sure I want to share a pool with any of them. Also, I hope there are no young strapping sportsmen around. And I'm not thrilled about wearing a swimming costume. Oh... also there is a "hoist". I will be going no where near a hoist. No thank you very much.

So now every hour I have to bend and straighten and now do very slight squats - with my back against the wall to keep straight. Another new exercise is putting my feet flat on the floor and move my toes sideways. It quite a cute little thing to do. :o)

That is all...
xx

No comments: