Tuesday 22 January 2008

Hydrotherapy part 2

Went to hydro again this morning and a different physio took it. She was very friendly but spent most of her time with an 'older gentleman' who didn't quite understand the instructions. Bless. It was a bit more active today, did "laps" round the pool and stepping exercises on the step. Also did some cycling whilst lying on a bed which is attached to the side of the pool, so you sort of lie on it and cycle your legs under the water. Did some work with the round float, which acts as a weight. That was it really. I was reading on the leaflet they give you about hydrotherapy and one of the benefits is to impove cardiovascular fitness! Ha ha ha!!! I break more of a sweat changing channel on the telly! Ok, not technically true, but although I can feel it working it doesn't feel hard or too challenging.

Next week I have hydro on Tuesday, I am seeing Georgie on Wednesday and I have a clinic appointment on Thursday, but also Georgie wanted me to start my exercise class on Thursday too, but I'm really not sure I'm ready for that and the time clashes with the clinic appointment. I have done the exercise class before as part of my rehab when I injured my knee initially. It is basically a circuit training session where you do different exercises on different things, like with a gymball, on a weights machine etc. Last time I did it it was quite intense, I will have to see what Georgie says I should do this time.

I am also being really strict with the times I am doing physio at home this week. I was quite bad last week and only did the exercises once or twice a day so now I am doing them every 2 hours without fail!

Speaking of which it is 10pm and that, ladies and gentlemen, is physio time.
Ciao, xxx

No comments: