Wednesday 9 January 2008

Doing too much......

I just got back from physio and Georgie said she thinks I am doing too much. Bums. I told her about going to the Big Brother launch - I don't think she was so impressed! Not as impressed as Owen would have been! Ha.
Anyway, so she thinks I might have put my hamstring into spasm because my hamstring is very very very painful at the moment. This week I have really really tried hard to do my physio often, and on Monday I tried some yoga - which felt great - upper body stuff, but did some forward bends and I guess that didn't help my hamstring... But... I think I'm going to carry on doing that because it was very relaxing and made a nice change.

Today Georgie helped me to staighten my leg by pressing down very hard on my quads. She also massaged the back of my knee which is where there is a lot of pain - she seems quite concerned by it and says although she never says this but I am doing too much. I need to cut down my exercises to once every couple of hours. She's added 2 more exercises so now I have to do:
  • Leg straightening
  • Heel slides
  • Heel digs x 5
  • Knee bends (standing)
  • Moving my toes inwards and outwards
  • Putting a tennis ball between my knees and squeeze

It's quite good I've written it down here because sometimes I forget and the more exercises I get the more I always seem to forget to do one.

Georgie also wants me to keep icing my knee but she is very worried about the ice burn I got last week. She said she has never seen anything like it!!! Oh dear! I think it's fabulous that I have yet another scar on my oh so scarred knee! Great stuff.

Laters x

No comments: